Friday, Day +30

Today's labs are still good. It was the first day we saw some lymphocytes. (which is very good) Will had his GI procedures today and did great. We will not know the results of the several biopsies until next week, but we do know that his tummy looked very irritated and swollen. They don't even want him to try to eat until they know what is causing his problems. I was disappointed because each day he mentally associates eating with throwing up. I am not sure how difficult our road to eating will be for him. On a lighter note, he was so funny coming out of the sedation. He was cracking up all his nurses. He was pretty "loopy". He was seeing double and telling the nurse to look at themselves with their other head. And, "I have special powers mom, I can make the ceiling move!" All the way back to his room he was waving to strangers and acting like he was on a roller coaster ride with his arms in the air "whew hooing". It was a hoot! He continues to be so cheerful and strong. What a trooper!
In the picture this is the mask that Will has to wear whenever he is anywhere but on the 8th floor. He really, really doesn't like his mask. He thinks the plastic stinks, so I have to spray perfume inside of it for him. (ha!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home